Welcome to the web site of MELA’s Committee on Cataloging (ConC). It is our mission to identify and consider cataloging issues, to make recommendations, to provide training and support via workshops and online documents, and to cooperate with other institutions and bodies on matters related to descriptive cataloging and subject cataloging, classification, and content designation of materials from and about the Middle East.
The Committee consists of of five elected members, the liaison to CC:AAM (voting member), and the LC ex-officio liaison (non-voting member). Its current members are:
- Nora Avetyan, UCLA (2016-2018; Chair)
- Joyce Bell, Princeton University (2014-2016)
- Guy Burak, New York University (2014-2016)
- Iman Dagher, UCLA (CC:AAM liaison)
- Amal Morsy, Middle East Institute (2016-2018)
- Denise Soufi, UNC (2016-2018)
- Allen Maberry, Library of Congress (ex-officio for LC)
Find more information at ConC’s Google site.