The 2017 annual meeting is tentatively scheduled for November 15-17th in Washington DC. Further information will be announced as it is confirmed.
Call for Papers
Digital Scholarship and Middle East Librarianship
The Middle East Librarians Association (MELA) invites presentation proposals for its annual meeting, which will be held at the George Washington University, Washington DC, November 16-17, 2017. This year’s theme for the annual meeting is Digital Scholarship and Middle East Librarianship.
Developments in technology and the advent of digital scholarship are changing many aspects of librarianship, including the daily work of Middle East Studies Librarians. They are becoming more engaged with use of the digital technology tools in almost every aspect of their work such as, collection development, cataloging, reference, teaching, acquisitions, preservation, etc. They also use digital technology tools to reconstruct and deliver better and wider access to research materials.
The main goal of the annual meeting is to share new methods and experiments, develop best practices and seek better ways of providing services.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Collection development
- Information literacy and reference tools
- Content management, metadata and cataloging
- Digital humanities, technology and tools
- Scholarly communication
- Online services
- Regional collaboration
- International partnerships
- Proposals should be a maximum of 250 words
- Please send proposals to email@example.com
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee
- Submission deadline is August 31, 2017.
- Session will last 30 minutes (20 minute presentation with 10 min. for Q&A)
- All, who submit, will be notified by September 18, 2017
- All presenters will be asked to submit a brief biography (max 100 words)
- All abstracts will be published in the program and posted on the MELA website
MELA can not provide any financial support for travel and lodging. However, the program registration fee will be waived for presenters.
We are looking forward to receiving interesting and innovative paper proposals.